Burlesque novice? Seasoned performer? If a theme tickles your fancy, PeepshowTO wants to hear from you! We welcome performers of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, genders, abilities and experience levels to participate in our shows! If you share the same nerdy enthusiasm we do, please apply!
NOW ACCEPTING HORROR FILM INSPIRED BURLESQUE PITCHES!
TRICK OR TEASE
Date: Friday October 11th, 2019
Venue: The Great Hall (1087 Queen Street West, Toronto)
Time: Doors at 8PM, Show at 9PM
Boo! Don’t be frightened, but the Halloween season is creeping up and PeepshowTO is summoning a cast for an evening of burlesque inspired by Horror and Halloween films. We are currently accepting pitches from burlesque performers (with limited spots open to drag/variety acts as well) who want to represent their favourite spooky and scary movies in a nerdy tribute number that is just to die for.
– Must be 19 years or older to pitch an act.
– You may choose any character from a film franchise that would fit the genre of Horror or Halloween. Think of all the classic “you must rewatch in October” kind of movies! We will be looking for the most iconic horror characters and encourage you to submit them, but suggest you submit more then one character idea as it’s likely there will be overlapping concepts.
– If you already have an existing act you would like to pitch, please submit a video of your act in your pitch.
– As this is burlesque, full frontal nudity is not allowed. Pasties and panties (or merkins) are required.
– We accept pitches from all genders, sizes, and backgrounds!
– Double and group acts are also welcome, though we highly suggest that you also submit a solo pitch since spaces for double/group acts are limited.
– All experience levels are welcome to submit a pitch! Don’t worry if you’re new to burlesque. If you want to get up on stage and you are as enthusiastic about the theme as we are, then pitch away!
Please submit your pitch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– Your legal name (for invoicing purposes only)
– Your stage name
– Your contact information
– Your stage experience (burlesque or other)
– Your chosen film & character
– A detailed description of your idea for your act, including music and costume. Specific references are highly encouraged! We are catered heavily to a nerdy audience who will appreciate all the little details you can add to your character.
– A video of your act (if applicable)
– Please tell us a little bit about yourself!
– How did you hear about PeepshowTO?
– If you are not chosen to perform at this show, would you be interested in volunteering during the event?
– Please attach a headshot of yourself in the email
**** We will be accepting pitches until Monday, July 29th, 2019 at 11:59PM!