Burlesque novice? Seasoned performer? If a theme tickles your fancy, PeepshowTO wants to hear from you! We welcome performers of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, genders, abilities and experience levels to participate in our shows! If you share the same nerdy enthusiasm we do, please apply!
NOW ACCEPTING MARVEL UNIVERSE INSPIRED BURLESQUE PITCHES!
GARTERS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2
Date: Friday April 5th, 2019
Venue: The Great Hall (1087 Queen Street West, Toronto)
Time: Doors at 8PM, Show at 9PM
PeepshowTO is kicking off our 2019 season with our second instalment of “Garters of the Galaxy”, an evening of burlesque inspired by Marvel comics. We are currently accepting pitches from burlesque performers who want to represent their favourite Marvel superhero (or villain!)! If you are interested in being involved in our show, we’d love to hear from you!
– Must be 19 years or older to pitch an act.
– You may choose any character from any Marvel franchise.
– If you already have an existing Marvel superhero (or super villain) themed act you would like to pitch, please submit a video of your act in your pitch.
– As this is burlesque, full frontal nudity is not allowed. Pasties and panties (or merkins) are required.
– We accept pitches from all genders, sizes, and backgrounds!
– Double and group acts are also welcome, though we highly suggest that you also submit a solo pitch since spaces for double/group acts are limited.
– All experience levels are welcome to submit a pitch! Don’t worry if you’re new to burlesque. If you want to get up on stage and you are as enthusiastic about the theme as we are, then pitch away!
Please submit your pitch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– Your legal name
– Your stage name
– Your contact information
– Your stage experience (burlesque or other)
– Your chosen Marvel character
– A detailed description of your idea for your Marvel act, including music and costume. Specific references are highly encouraged!
– A video of your Marvel themed act (if applicable)
– Please tell us a little bit about yourself!
– How did you hear about PeepshowTO?
– If you are not chosen to perform at this show, would you be interested in volunteering during the event?
– Please attach a headshot of yourself in the email
We will be accepting pitches until Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 11:59PM!