NOW ACCEPTING SPACE INSPIRED BURLESQUE PITCHES!!!!
SPACE: THE FINAL FRONT TEASE
Date: Friday July 13th, 2017
Venue: The Great Hall (1087 Queen Street West, Toronto)
Time: Doors at 8PM, Show at 9PM
In Space, no one can hear you strip!
We are currently accepting pitches from burlesque/variety performers who want to create out of this world numbers based on the theme of Space for our large summer production! We’re looking for numbers inspired by your favourite films, TV Shows, comic books, games & more! We are mostly seeking burlesque routines, but we’re open to hearing a variety of ideas!
If you are interested in being involved in our show, we’d love to hear from you.
– Must be 19 years or older to pitch an act.
– You may choose any character/concept that is from pop culture, relating to Space! What is most iconic to you when you think of Space? We do tend to favour Film/TV/Comic Books/Gaming inspired acts but we are open to all of your best ideas. Have a more obscure concept that you think would be cool? We still want to hear it! You can pitch as many acts as you like, so maybe pitch your obscure act and another more widely recognized character option to increase your chances of getting selected.
– As this is burlesque, full frontal nudity is not allowed. Pasties and panties (or merkins) are required.
– We accept pitches from all genders, sizes, and backgrounds! Everyone is welcome.
– Double and group acts are also welcome, though we highly suggest that you also submit a solo pitch since spaces for double/group acts are limited.
– All experience levels are welcome to submit a pitch! Don’t worry if you’re new to burlesque. If you want to get up on stage and you are as enthusiastic about the theme as we are, then pitch away!
Please submit your pitch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– Your legal name
– Your stage name
– Your contact information
– Your stage experience (burlesque or other)
– Your chosen character
– A detailed description of your idea for your Space act, including music, concept and costume. Specific references are highly encouraged!
– If you are pitching an existing act, please submit a video of your act in your pitch.
– Please tell us a little bit about yourself!
– How did you hear about PeepshowTO?
– If you are not chosen to perform at this show, would you be interested in volunteering during the event?
– Please attach a headshot of yourself in the email
The deadline for pitch submission is Monday, April 30th at 11:59PM. We can’t wait to hear your ideas!